Terms and Conditions – Specific Rules for “Schools Cup Selfie Competition” Competition
- The “Schools Cup Selfie Competition” competition (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of United Kingdom only (“Entrant Countries”) except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter’s associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”).
- The Competition is open for entries on 16th May 2016 at 06.00 BST (“Opening Date“) and closes on 18th May 2016 at 23.00 BST (“Closing Date“). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
- The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”) as well as the General Rules (click here).
- To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) post a selfie (photo) of the PlayStation Schools’ Cup Festival on Twitter or Instagram; and
b) @mention PSSchoolsCup and include the hashtag #SchoolsCupSelfie (“Post”).
- Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
- Each Entrant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 6 and 7. In addition, entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
f) violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
g) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
- Each Entrant grants to the Promoter a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use entries for promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Competition, across all media including any online platforms under the Promoter’s control.
- All entries must be completely original so as not to breach any third party copyright. The Promoter accepts no liability if Entrants ignore these Terms and each Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Promoter against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these Terms.
- There will be three (3) winners (each a “Winner”). Each Winner will be selected by an independent judge, who shall not be permitted to enter the Competition themselves, based upon the originality and creativity of the Post. The decision of the judges is final.
- The Promoter shall notify each Winner by Private Message (“PM”) on Twitter or Instagram, of their selection within one (1) week of the Closing Date.
- In order to claim their Prize (as defined below), each Winner must respond appropriately to the Promoter’s PM within one (1) week from the date of the Promoter’s notification PM, and provide their full name, postal address and date of birth. The postal address provided must match any postal address provided at the time of entry, or each Winner may be disqualified.
- Each Winner will win one (1) 500GB PlayStation®4 system with a total approximate value of GBP £299.99 (“Winner Prize”).
- The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send by registered post, the Winner Prize to each Winner within one (1) week of receiving a Winner’s details.
- In these Terms, “Prize” shall mean a Winner Prize.
- Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
- In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
- If a Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner’s statutory rights (if any).
- Each Winner agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with clauses 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and/or 11, or uses multiple accounts to enter, they will be excluded from the Competition and their entry will be declared void.
- Each Winner may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
- The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each Winner’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). Each Winner’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked ‘Schools Cup Selfie Competition’ to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment UK Limited, 13 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7HP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
- General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
- The “Promoter” is: Sony Computer Entertainment UK Limited, 13 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7HP United Kingdom.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.
Information on how to enter and win prizes form part of the conditions of entry. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Twitter Rules (available at: http://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules).
The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Each Entrant is providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. The information each Entrant provides will only be used to administer the Competition. Each Entrant agrees, to the extent permitted by applicable law, that Instagram shall not have any liability in relation to the Competition.