Fancy being a sports journalist?
Here’s your chance to support your school team by becoming their official e-reporter. The competition is open to each age category involved with the PlayStation Schools’ Cup: U12, U13, U14 and U15.
There will be a monthly prize of a PS Vita for the best report. At the end of the season, the overall e-reporter winner from each age group will be rewarded with a host of equipment to help them continue their work as a reporter with the prize including: PlayStation 4 system, Sony VAIO lap top and digital camera.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Good sports reporters have questioning and inquisitive minds.
- Spot the best news angle during the game, this is the thing that people are most likely to want to hear about.
- Read newspapers and get a feel for how sports reporters write, the type of things they write about and the details they include.
- The more times you write, the better you will become so don’t get frustrated if it doesn’t flow the first time.
- Try to include a quote from one of the players or the captain or your teacher. Have some questions in mind that you want to ask them following the match.
- You’re telling a story, so be a good story-teller. Flair, knowledge, ideas, curiosity and attention to detail will help you with this.
- Don’t forget to include a great photograph also!
Rules and regulations:
- One match report per team per match
- Report should be no more than 500 words
- Check with your school that it is ok for you to submit match photographs. If not then please don’t send them. A selection of the best photographs will be featured on the website
- Please email your match report and supporting photographs (photographs optional) to PlayStationSchoolsCup@HPSJardine.com
- Please include the following information: name of school, plus name and age of e-reporter