Georgia Stanway, Dowdales School captain for the 2012/13 and 2013/14 PlayStation F.C. Schools’ Cup tournaments, joined Manchester City in 2015 having turned 16 earlier that year.
Since joining the club she’s quickly risen to the top of the ranks in the women’s team. She came off the bench for City to score two goals against WSL rivals Everton and Bristol Academy in a breakthrough first season which helped with the team’s Champions League qualification and saw her receive the club’s Rising Star Award. Since then, her exploits have seen her become one of the first names on the team sheet, signing a new contract with Manchester City until 2022.
Her career highlights include:
- Helping Manchester City win the 2016 and 2019 double and 2017 FA Cup
- Being named in the UEFA Women’s Champions League squad of the 2017/18 season
- Winning the Silver Boot at the 2018 Women’s U20 World Cup
- Making her senior debut and scoring her first goal against Austria for England in November 2018
- Being awarded the 2019 PFA young player of the year 2018/19 season
With Georgia ready to take the next step in her already glittering career, she’s partnered with the PlayStation F.C. Schools’ Cup to uncover Next Level talent and inspire the next generation to reach their footballing dreams.
Want to show Georgia and Declan you’ve got what it takes to be a Next Level Player? Email your videos or images to email@example.com for a chance to win goal of the month, save of the month or team of month!